Celebrate an alternative Valentine’s Day or celebrate in style!
Whether you’re in love or not, you can have a different February 14th.
Concerts, movies, parties, theater. . . Don’t let them impose a cloying Valentine’s Day on us! February 14th is approaching and the controversy is coming. Defenders of hearts, Cupid and demonstrations of love, against those who see Valentine’s Day as a purely commercial celebration. Whether you are in love or not, there are many reasons to enjoy this Saturday: theatre, cinema, exhibitions, concerts, restaurants. . . Here are some options to spend an alternative Valentine’s Day or to impress your partner.
If you are preparing a special evening or simply like to have a nice time with your partner, the restaurants on this list will make you look like a real conqueror. And there is no need to celebrate love only on February 14, Barcelona has restaurants with spectacular views, with Michelin stars and corners that are worth a visit every day of the year.
– Winter Garden, Eixample.
– Casa Xica, Poble sec.
– A restaurant, Plaza Felip Neri
– Casa Àngela, Sagrada Familia.
– Torre d’Alta Mar, La Barceloneta.
– Celler Can Recasens, Sant Martí.
The best gayfriendly restaurants:
– dDivine, Balmes.
– El Bierzo a Tope, Diputació.
– Las Fernández, el Raval:
There’s Las Fernández: three sisters from Ponferrada who, since 2003, have made the heart of the Raval beat faster with their love of good food and their desire to close ranks. They are responsible (with the Makinavaja, Pódame, Freedonia and the Casa de la Pradera) for the fact that the neighbourhood is no longer so stigmatised, with street fairs and open-air cinema. That’s why now Berta, the owner, says she doesn’t intend to allow the media campaign about the alleged insecurity of the Raval – which only benefits the speculators who want to take Barcelona away from us – to wipe out the efforts of so many years and so many people.
So don’t think twice and come to the neighborhood, enter the cozy and Almodovar redness of Las Fernández and order some cocktail tacos with pomegranate, coriander and cashew and mango mayonnaise: like all his menu, a prodigy of taste and imagination. Or the spectacular Paquetito 2.0: a pear, mozzarella and spring onion salad wrapped in cecina! Or the turbot with kimchi, the cod au gratin with brie and mushrooms, the prawns with sobrassada and figs… It’s a feast. Go celebrate that you’re here, that we’re here, and that we won’t let you take the city.
– Bali Spirit received an international award for his signature massage. We would personally recommend the Eternal Love or the Dreamland for couples. Their clientele is very loyal to them and they value not only the facilities, but also the spectacular music, which by the way is their own creation! And above all, they value the people who give the massages, since they have a staff made up of meditation teachers, ayurveda teachers, and even experts in pregnancy and baby/child massage!
– If you go to Amantis Barcelona, located in Torrent de l’Olla, in the popular neighbourhood of Gràcia, you can choose from a wide range of accessories to brighten up a romantic evening like Valentine’s Day: erotic games, lubricants, vibrators, harnesses… even the famous sucker that is giving so much joy in thousands of homes.
Whatever your preference is, your favorite position or your fantasy, the professional staff of Amantis will recommend what best suits your needs. You will also find erotic games and Erika Lust’s feminist porn for a hot movie and blanket session. On the other hand, if you are interested in going deeper into the subject, you can always check out their social networks to sign up as a couple for one of the workshops or tuppersexes they organize in the shop.
– Near Francesc Maciá is located the SPA HAMMAM Rituels d’Orient, a small corner of calm and disconnection where the millenary oriental traditions meet again in the heart of Barcelona. What at first sight seems to be a cosy shop of natural products, houses under its floors a wellness centre inspired by the Hammams of Turkey and Morocco.
The SPA HAMMAM Rituels d’Orient has several ideal rituals to celebrate Valentine’s Day as a couple and share this experience. You will be able to enjoy a moment of absolute complicity in this privileged place.
– The first vegan beauty centre in Barcelona, which is committed to a different concept of beauty. They have five rituals to take care of us on the outside, and harmonize our interior, using products based on minerals and plants, quality, environmentally friendly, and with the distinctive Cruelty free 100% vegan.
All the treatments they offer seek to take care of us, relax us, and improve our natural beauty, without harming other beings: body rituals, facials, hair removal, make-up and manicure.
– On Paseo de Picasso, in the Gothic Quarter, there is one of the most authentic ancient baths in Barcelona, ideal for celebrating a very special Valentine’s Day. A place where just by walking through its door you feel a huge connection with your deepest self and where time seems to be non-existent, delighting our senses with unique and relaxing experiences. Aire Ancient Baths de Barcelona was built on the site where the city’s supply wells used to be, and underneath authentic brick vaults are the fresh, salt, cold and hot water pools where you can immerse yourself in immense peace.
The silence and the illumination of candles and candelabras make the environment very intimate and you can sit on its hot marble stones and drink all the tea you want without worrying about what is happening out there. In addition, at Aire they have a range of relaxing and distinctive liturgies that go beyond a massage, a thermal bath or an aromatherapy session. We have already been there to try it out and we assure you that it has not left us indifferent.
Do not miss tonight, take advantage of our last availability for these dates and get all kinds of discounts to enjoy this special day, either as a couple, alone or with friends! Come and enjoy your stay and rest in Apartments Freser 78, with the best attention to our dear guests.